Ear, Nose and Throat (ENT) disorders range from allergies and infections to more grave and severe health issues. Complaints of ENT ailments are on the rise given the increasing levels of pollution and today’s unhealthy lifestyle. It is estimated that 1 in 8 Indians suffers from chronic sinusitis. At Apollo Clinic Kolkata, our eminent ENT specialists have the requisite skill and resources to provide comprehensive ENT care.
What is ENT?
ENT is a branch of medicine dealing with ear, nose and throat disorders and also includes head and neck complaints. The ENT centre at Apollo Clinic, Kolkata is well-equipped with state-of-the-art therapeutic and diagnostic equipment to ensure sound evaluation, diagnosis and treatment of ENT problems and injuries.
What is the first step?
The first step is to identify the signs and symptoms of ENT problems so that you can approach an ENT specialist at the earliest and prevent the issue from becoming severe. Some common symptoms that suggest that you need specific ENT services include:
- Sinus pain: Pain in the face, ear or upper teeth, nasal drainage or congestion
- Congestion: Feeling pressure in your head, dizziness and headaches
- Airway blockage:Discomfort in breathing properly through the nose
- Sore throat:Persistent throat ache, scratchiness in the throat, loss of voice, difficulty in swallowing
- Loss of hearing:Trouble in hearing clearly, ear ache
- Headaches: Persistent headaches
- Drainage:Runny nose, postnasal drip
There could be multiple causes of ENT issues. Some of which are:
- Viral or bacterial infections
- Deviated septum
- Development of polyps
- Build-up of fluid or wax in the ear
- Damage to the nerves due to ageing or exposure to loud noise
- Anatomic abnormalities
- Acute upper respiratory infection
- Chronic sinusitis
- Acid reflux
How can we help you?
At Apollo Clinic Kolkata ENT Centre, we make use of advanced medical technologies and equipment such as video camera system, fine vision binocular microscopes, flexible and rigid endoscopes which enable in making a more accurate diagnosis. Some of the procedures we undertake at Apollo Clinic include:
- Allergy tests
- Hearing assessment
- Individual tests for hearing function
- Speech audiometry
- Impedance audiometry
- Brainstem evoked response audiometry